Check out a few highlights from past events!
2018 June 16 & 17
Homes are open Saturday & Sunday,
11 am — 5 pm
Don’t miss the largest and longest running tour of vintage homes in Indiana.
Located just 15 minutes from downtown Indianapolis, Meridian-Kessler is one of the city’s oldest neighborhoods. Well-maintained homes with historic charm are nestled within a diverse walkable community.
Founded in 1973, the Home & Garden Tour was created to promote the history and unique architecture of the neighborhood.
Today, the Tour is an important part of the fundraising efforts of Meridian~Kessler Neighborhood Association. Ticket sales and sponsorships are reinvested in the neighborhood to help ensure our community continues to thrive. These proceeds help to:
- Enhance Livability – Make the neighborhood more walkable and bike-friendly, develop infrastructure plan, and support crime prevention efforts
- Promote Growth and Capital Investment – Support the Midtown TIF district and drive redevelopment opportunities
- Advocate to City Government – Develop the neighborhood long-term land use plan and promote compliance with community values
- Communicate – Organize community meetings where critical neighborhood issues are addressed, hosts business and clergy breakfasts, and publish a community magazine
- Partner with Community Stakeholders – Support the work of organizations serving youth and seniors
- Preserve Historic Qualities – Prioritize neighborhood beautification efforts and promote commitment to historic architecture