Frequently Asked Questions
When is the Meridian-Kessler Home & Garden Tour?
The Meridian-Kessler Home & Garden Tour will be held Saturday and Sunday, June 3 & 4, 2017. This is the most significant annual fundraiser for the Meridian-Kessler Neighborhood Association, so your support is paramount.
What is the Twilight Party?
The Twilight Party takes place on the Friday evening before the Meridian-Kessler Home & Garden Tour. This year, the popular neighborhood tent party is taking place on Friday, June 2 from 6:00-11:30 P.M. Featuring the silent auction, dinner, entertainment and exclusive homes not open to the public for Home Tour weekend, it’s the most popular neighborhood event of the summer.
What kinds of donations are accepted?
Anything goes! Gift certificates and gift baskets are always popular, as are any behind the scenes experiences you can offer as part of your profession or business. Items like a week’s stay in a vacation home always generate a lot of interest too. All donations are tax deductible. The Tax ID# for Meridian-Kessler Neighborhood Association is 35-1163-239 Non Profit 501(c)(3).
What organizations receive funding as a result of the Silent Auction?
Grants are made to programs that strengthen our neighborhood. Specifically, the goal of the MKNA Vi Walker Neighborhood Grant Program is to fund programs that will:
- Have a lasting, sustainable impact on the neighborhood
- Improve the lives of neighborhood residents by addressing one or more of the following critical needs:
- Vitality and Connectivity of the Neighborhood
- Health, Safety and/or Crime Prevention
Some of our recent recipients include:
- Broad Ripple Kiwanis Club
- Center for Inquiry at IPS School 84
- Coburn Place for Women
- Department of Public Words
- Heritage Place of Indianapolis
- National Alliance on Mental Illness
- Saint Joan of Arc Public Gardens Project
- Second Helpings, Inc.